Are apparent rollbacks guaranteed by AutoCheck ?
Odometer rollbacks are not covered by AutoCheck ’s Buyback Protection guarantee because odometer rollbacks are not classified
as a “titled event” and only titled events are covered
by the Guarantee.
overall satisfaction is guaranteed with AutoCheck BuyBack Pritection Guarantee.
For more information,
please review the program's Terms and Conditions bellow:
To order a
full AutoCheck Vehicle History Report please visit:
AutoCheck Buyback Protection guarantee
Buyback Protection Terms and Conditions
Subject to the following, Experian agrees to pay the Customer the Customer's purchase price of the Vehicle if:
A. the AutoCheck Vehicle History Report was provided prior to the purchase of the Vehicle and on or after June 27, 2005; and
B. the AutoCheck Vehicle History Report reflects no Branded Titles as part of the Vehicle Title history (i.e. the vehicle was “AutoCheck Assured”), but a Branded Title actually exists.
1a. Branded Title- is a vehicle ownership or registration document issued by any of the 50 states of the U.S. (or the District of
Columbia), issued with words or symbols signifying that the vehicle was: junked or salvaged; dismantled, rebuilt or reconstructed;
flood damaged; fire damaged; hail damaged; bought back by its manufacturer ("Lemon Law" vehicle); odometer exceeds
mechanical limits; odometer was not actual mileage; or which was issued with any other symbol or word signifying a substantially
1b. Excluded Brands- Specifically excluded from the definition of Branded Title are: ownership and registration documents originally
issued without a brand but later stamped with a brand without being reissued; salvage titles issued due to theft; damage disclosure
documents; and Branded Titles issued in error and later corrected. Other information that may reflect negatively on the vehicle,
including but not limited to accident information, is excluded from AutoCheck Buyback Protection unless expressly covered by the
definition of “Branded Title”.
2. Consumer- the person (other than a Dealer or Transferee) who ordered and paid for the Report prior to their purchase of the
3. Customer- a Consumer, or any licensed automobile dealer (“Dealer”) who ordered and paid for the Report through an AutoCheck
Commercial Service (“Commercial Service” is any site geared solely for dealers or other commercial users, such as
AutoCheckmembers.com, either accessed directly or through a partner, and AutoCheck Express) or the Transferee of any such
4. Report/AutoCheck Report- AutoCheck Vehicle History Report.
5. Transferee- the purchaser of the Vehicle from the Dealer.
6. Vehicle- the passenger vehicle or light truck to which the Report relates.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Customer must have previously purchased the
Vehicle and own the Vehicle at the time the claim is made.
If the Vehicle is subject to a lien in an unpaid amount
greater than the amount identified in item 8, this Protection
only applies if the Customer pays Experian the difference.
2. The Customer must complete and submit to Experian an
executed claim form and provide a complete copy of the
Report. Any Dealer Customer must have obtained the
Report through an AutoCheck Commercial Service prior to
the purchase of the Vehicle.
3. The Customer must provide to Experian proof of
ownership of the Vehicle in the form of the original bill of
sale and a current vehicle ownership document issued to
the Customer by the motor vehicle agency of one of the 50
states of the United States or the District of Columbia.
4. The Customer must provide to Experian a copy of the front
and back of the Branded Title, certified by the issuing state
authority. The Branded Title must have been issued at
least sixty (60) days prior to the date the Report was run.
5. The Customer must deliver to Experian all ownership and
registration documentation including, the certificate of title
and certificate of registration, properly assigned by the
Customer to Experian so Experian becomes the owner of
6. If, prior to purchasing the Vehicle, the Customer knew, or
had evidence, of the existence of a Branded Title for the
Vehicle, the Protection does not apply.
7. Experian will pay a maximum of the purchase price of the
Vehicle paid by the Customer (plus warranties and other
additional purchases such as installed aftermarket
accessories, not exceeding a total of $500).
8. If the purchase price of the Vehicle in item 7 exceeds the
NADA Used Car Guides used vehicle retail value at the
time of the sale, Experian will pay no more than ten
percent (10%) over the NADA Used Car Guides used
vehicle retail value at the time the Customer purchased
9. The Buyback Protection will apply only if the Vehicle was
manufactured in model year 1981 or later.
10. The Buyback Protection will expire the earlier of (a) the date
the Customer sells the Vehicle or (b) one (1) year after the date
of the first Report run by or for the Customer relating to the
11. This Buyback Protection is deemed assigned to the Transferee
upon the sale of the Vehicle, provided that a copy of the Report
is given to the Transferee and the Transferee registers in
accordance with item 12.
12. In order for this Buyback Protection to be in effect for
Transferees or Consumers, they must register with Experian
within ninety (90) days of the date they purchased the Vehicle.
Registration may be made by writing Experian for a
registration form and submitting the same to Experian. The
registration form must be completed and submitted to:
Protection C/O Experian Automotive, 955 American Lane,
Schaumburg, IL 60173.
13. Claims can be submitted to: Buyback Protection C/O Experian
Automotive, 955 American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Please include name, address, telephone number, email
address, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the Vehicle
and a copy of the original report. Claim forms can be obtained
by writing to
Experian at the address above.
14. Experian reserves the right to cancel the Buyback Protection
program at anytime, but pledges to honor all current and future
Buyback Protection claims as long as they meet all of the
Buyback Protection terms and conditions stated herein and the
Report was run prior to Buyback Protection program
15. Dealer Customers must use an AutoCheck Commercial
Service in order for their transferees to be eligible for Buyback
Protection. Because Dealer Customers are prohibited from
using the AutoCheck Consumer Web site, they are not eligible
for Buyback Protection if they purchase from a Consumer Web
site, and their subsequent Transferees are not covered by
Buyback Protection in such instance.
16. The Buyback Protection will be governed by the laws of, and
Customer consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of,
the State of Illinois, United States of America.