Cobra GT-350 and GT-500KR Special Features
• Two engine choices: GT 350, 250hp 302ci V-8; GT 500KR, 335hp 428ci V-8.
• High-velocity, high-volume Cobra intake manifold.
• Advanced design cathedral float four-barrel carburetor.
• Dual exhausts.
• Low-restriction custom paper-element diecast-aluminum air cleaner.
• Diecast-aluminum Cobra rocker covers, chromed filler cap, dipstick.
• High-rate front coil spring.
• High-capacity heavy-duty adjustable shock absorbers, front and rear.
• .94in-diameter front stabilizer bar.
• Crisp 16.0:1 steering ratio with power assist.
• Heavy-duty four-leaf rear springs.
• Anti-windup rear spring dampers for sure acceleration.
• Heavy-duty rear axle.
• Power-assisted floating caliper front disc brakes.
• Heavy-duty rear drum brakes.
• Four-ply polyglass Goodyear high-performance tires.
• 6in rim width 15in safety wheels.
• Inertia-reel shoulder harnesses and seat belts for front seat passengers (seat belts in rear).
• Integral overhead safety bar in all models.
• Safety-sequence wide tail lights.
• Front marker lights.
• Rear quarter reflectors.
• Rectangular foglights.
• Dual master brake cylinder with proportioning valve and low pressure warning light.
• Collapsible steering column and safety padded center steering wheel.
• Fully unitized chassis and body.
Exterior: Precision-molded custom fiberglass hood and front assembly incorporates dual air intake scoops, functional louvered extractors. Custom self-retained push-and-turn hood locks. Rectangular foglights mounted in grille opening. Le Mans-type air extrac-tors on rear quarters of Fastback roof. Brake air scoops set in lower quarters. Precision-molded custom fiberglass trunk deck lid with integral air spoiler. GT stripe on lower rocker panels.
Interior: Deluxe all-vinyl interior with bucket seats, full-loop pile carpeting, matching custom-styled console with padded armrest-glovebox, walnut-grained appliques on instrument panel and door panels. Full instrumentation; 8000 rpm tachometer; 140 mph speedometer; oil-pressure, ammeter, water temperature, and fuel gauges; electric clock. Optional folding rear seat with retractable safety luggage retaining bar (Fastback only), tie-down loops on safety bar (convertible only).
Source: Full-page advertisement for Shelby Automotive, Inc., in Car Life June 1968.