There's no way you can expect the unexpected, but you can definitely
prepare for it with the Basic Warranty. The coverage lasts for 48 months
or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Wheel alignment and balancing,
however, are covered for 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever comes first.
This warranty covers repairs and adjustments needed to correct defects
in materials or workmanship of any part supplied by Lexus, except for
the following situations:
- Fire, accidents or theft.
- Abuse or negligence.
- Misuse--for example, racing or overloading.
- Improper repairs.
- Alteration or tampering.
- Lack of or improper maintenance, including use of fluids other than
those specified in the Owner's Manual.
- Airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris (including stone chips), rail
dust, salt, hail, floods, windstorms, lightning and other environmental
- Water contamination.
- Noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused
by normal wear and tear.
- Failure of a vehicle on which the odometer has been altered so that
actual vehicle mileage cannot be readily determined.
- Any vehicle for which the original factory-assigned vehicle identification
number can't be determined.
- Any vehicle that has ever been issued a "salvage" title or
similar title under any state's law. This also includes cars that have
been declared a "total loss" or equivalent by a financial institution
or insurer, such as by payment for a claim in lieu of repairs because
the cost of repairs exceeded the cash value of the vehicle. This exclusion
does not apply to the emission control warranties.
- Incidental or consequential damages associated with a vehicle failure.
Such damages include but are not limited to inconvenience; the cost of
transportation, telephone calls and lodging; the loss of personal or commercial
property; and the loss of pay or revenue.
- Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-ups; replacement of
fluids and filters; lubrication; cleaning and polishing; replacement of
spark plugs and fuses; and replacement of worn wiper blades, brake pads/linings
and clutch linings. NOTE: Lexus does provide the first two scheduled maintenance
services for free.
- Tires, which are covered by a separate warranty provided by the tire
to Lexus Auto Extended Warranty